Back in July I connected with the well-known Seattle-based startup lawyer, Joe Wallin through a legal hacking crowdfunding event organized by our local legal innovation MeetUp group.
- Using this link you can input your address and identify your senators and your congressional delegate.
- Once you get the results page, click on the “contact form” link for a link to the contact page of each senator or congressional delegate.
- On each of those pages, enter in the relevant information, put “From Startups Across America” in the “Subject” line and paste a copy the message below as well as a link to the letter that we’ve included below.
- Note that you’ll have to do this for at least three people – both your senators and your congressional delegate.
- Then, join the movement! Add a comment here on the blog, hit up Joe or me on Twitter (@joewallin/@rightbrainlaw), or contact us another way and let us know that you’ve shared the message with your representatives. We’ll add your name to the list of those who are behind sensible and proactive legislation to incubate and promote innovation and entrepreneurship both locally and nationally!
Thank You!List of those who have joined the movement:
Kiffanie Stahle – Attorney, Oakland, CA
Josh Maher – Angel Investor, Seattle, WA
Dan Lear – Director of Industry Relations, Avvo, Inc, Seattle, WA
Joe Wallin – Partner, Davis, Wright Tremaine, Seattle, WA
Brian Fischer – Capsity, Sacramento, CA